Groningen is rebellious, completely out of the ordinary, and this comes to life at eye-catching spots like the Groninger Museum and Forum. But you will only truly experience the city when you take a closer look. Discover Groningen’s hidden quirky side, traipse along lanes lined with street art. Be surprised time and time again. The city is buzzing with free spirits going their own way. And you can go yours!
Feel the city vibe as you look out over rooftops from Martini Tower. Walk the centuries-old streets. This is a place where oases of tranquillity go hand in hand with lively student spots and market squares. And it’s all highlights!
Groningen cycling holidays
Anyone who explores Groningen by bike will be amazed at the area’s peaceful nature and wide-open spaces. Would you like to cycle the Hogeland? Ride from the city to the sea? Without the tiring climbs? This is your destination! A wonderful cycling province, reason enough to choose a relaxing cycling holiday in Groningen!
Five reasons to cycle Groningen
- One – A wide variety of waterscapes and landscapes
- Two – A wealth of cultural history
- Three – An extensive network of bike paths for easy ‘cycling by numbers’
- Four – Environmentally friendly, peaceful wide-open spaces and fresh air
- Five – The perfect combination between a lively city and the splendour of the Wad
View all cycling holidays in Groningen
Curious about other self-guided cycling holidays in Groningen? See all our Groningen cycling tours below. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.